OMEN BOOKSHELF MK.II [REV-B]
Omen loudspeakers are designed for max vocal range resolution and natural presentation being the primary design goal.
Mk.II [Rev-B] features changes Over Mk.I
- New nanotech sanctified composite paper cored cone assembly (Zu260FRD) driver.
- Machined aluminum nameplate with laser engraving that also facilitates ZuB3 input and parallel 5-way binding posts.
- Mission Mk.II internal cable harness, not just Mission level hookup wire.
- ClarityCap MR capacitors on the high-pass network, matched to within 1/50th of a microfarad or better.
- Revised high-pass network values for better transparency and driver blending.
- Tighter tolerancing and improved full-range driver matching algorithms for improved tone and stereophony.
(There were only a handful of Mk.II [Rev-A] were made, which were the same as the new Mk.II Rev-B save they did not include the ZuB3 input, only the 5-way binding posts. All other features are the same between Mk.II Rev-A and Mk.II Rev-B.)
Omen Bookshelf Mk.II features some pretty serious upgrades over the original. Biggest of the differences is the new nanotech sanctified composite paper cored cone driver. This new 10” full-range driver uses the same great Zu260 motor assembly, combined with our new nanometer materials matrix and proprietary lay-up gives the perfect combination of classic Zu tone and resolving transparency. The change in capacitors is also a pretty healthy step forward in treble resolution, switching from the PulseX to the ClarityCap MR. Tolerances between matched pair have also tightened up for even better stereophonic realism; now .5% match on drivers and 0.1% on all other electrical parts.
Price is for a matched pair.